Now that I’m officially 14 weeks pregnant and into my second trimester I wanted to give a quick update on my first couple weeks of pregnancy and share some things I’ve already started stocking up on for Baby!
I found out I was pregnant at 3.5 weeks (I couldn’t believe I had a positive pregnancy test that early!) and was so excited to tell Kevin. It was actually Father’s Day morning and I snuck in the bathroom before he was awake. When I saw the test was positive I knew this would be a Father’s Day we would never forget! We had planned to do a quiet morning at home, making breakfast just the 3 of us and opening his gifts. I had gotten him this Cooler Backpack from Amazon and stuffed it with some of his favorite things, so I added the pregnancy test in there that morning. He was so surprised and made the day so special!
Since then, it’s been overall a great first trimester! I was really tired (maybe from chasing a toddler around!?) and had a bit of evening nausea weeks 7-10 but nothing that was too bad! I haven’t had any out-of-the-ordinary cravings or aversions either. I’m so grateful that I’ve been able to keep up with my same exercise routine (strength training 3 days a week, cardio 2 days a week, 2 days of rest) and hopefully will keep that up throughout!
While there’s still have a ways to go, I wanted to share some things that I have started stocking up on. We are trying to buy little by little each month so when February/March rolls around we aren’t panic purchasing! Ha! Most of these are items that we used and loved with Kylie and some are more recent, new purchases!
- I broke out my maternity clothes when I hit 10 weeks…been living in my white jean shorts, Zella crop leggings, and ankle skinny (maternity) jeans
- These hangers for the nursery
- Our favorite diaper rash cream
- Not crazy about the colors/design but bought a couple of these unisex pacifiers for those first few weeks
- This nipple cream was one of my best purchases post Kylie
- Swaddles: You never know, right?! We used this one with Kylie (and she loved it) but recently girlfriends have said great things about this one, this one, this one, and this one.
- Woolino for the second the baby turns 6 months 🙂 (Kylie is still in the woolino…worth the money!)
- Burp cloths
Hope this is helpful! XO!
2 thoughts on “First Trimester Update”