This week is all about mom and dad! For me, this category can be hard because truthfully I think parents can be tough to buy for! The constant question that runs through my head is “what do they even want?!” I want their gift to be thoughtful and from the heart yet enjoyed by them! I’ve complied a list of gifts from the past, some that I have my eye on for this year, and ones that girlfriends have suggested and would really recommend of any these for the parents in your life!
Hope this guide helps you buy for the mom/dad/step-parents/in-laws in your life!
- A family photography session. This would be the perfect gift for the parent who “has everything already.” What a fun way to make memories this holiday season. If you are in the Chicago area we love Shelly Shimon Photography and Amanda Kay Photography.
- Digital photo frame-there’s lots of different ones out there but our favorites are; Pix-Star and Skylight
- A cookbook! We spend lots of time in the kitchen lately (anyone else??) and it’s always fun to try new recipes. We LOVE Half Baked Harvest and Jesse James Decker Just Feed Me: Simply Delicious Recipes from My Heart to Your Plate.
- Shutterfly and Pinhole press offer personalized calendars. We’ve done this in years past and it’s perfect for grandparents, too!
- Give the gift of comfort…this unisex barefoot dreams robe (nightgown option here!), ugg slippers for women or men, or a pajama set (women or men)
- Have a gardening lover? A gift card to your local nursery would be a great option! Other gardening favorites: personalized garden sign, gardening gloves (men option, great stocking stuffer!), or this gardeners tote
- Not your typical “go-to” gift or something you want to buy yourself but this Doorman Umbrella will keep 2 people dry!
- We’ve mentioned Yeti on previous gift guides and love it that much! So many options. Love this, this (2 pack!), this, and this!
- Luxurious bath towels…we love these!
- Hand cream…because everyones hands can use some TLC from the washing, sanitizing, & dry weather! Both men and women would enjoy this gift (fragrance-free option!)