I’ve exchanged multiple texts with my girlfriends around what to bring in my hospital bag…it’s crazy how much you forget from the first time around! But with my due date quickly approaching (slow down time!!) I have complied a list of what is going in my hospital bag.
Let’s start with my bag!
- Pajamas-I’m packing 2 pairs that are nursing friendly… these are my favorites!
- Robe-one that’s not too bulky (I love my Kate Spade robe, similar one here in black)
- Outfit for going home (aka baggy pants and loose fitting top, I’m not concerned about looking cute on my 5 minute ride home!)
- Shower sandals
- fuzzy socks and ugg slippers
- Nursing bra (2) and tank (2)
- Nipple butter
- Lip balm
- Small selection of makeup (tinted moisturizer, maybe some eyeliner)
- Face moisturizer
- Prenatal vitamins
- Body wash
- Contact solution, case, glasses
- Shower cap (I won’t be washing my hair there)
- Hair ties
- Phone charger
- Blanket & pillow
- Light – to have at night (those bright hospital room lights at 3am are killer!)
For Baby C:
I am packing all of Baby C’s items in the diaper bag….
- Outfit for going home
- Blanket for the car
- Newborn nest – absolutely obsessed with the Newborn Nest! The founder of the company is was a labor & delivery nurse and the pieces (swaddle, fitted sheet, gown, blanket, headband/bow) are made beautifully. Can’t wait to wrap Baby C in this! Also, wonderful customer service…if you’re looking for an adorable way to show off your new baby this is it! *would also make a great baby shower gift!
- Mittens/hand protectors
- pacifiers-not crazy about the color/design but whatever does the trick!